Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign Currently Raising Funds to Build a New Type of Social Network Designed Specifically to Promote Social Commerce for Individuals and Businesses
Urban Cloud is an innovative social network that unites people on a platform designed to promote collaboration. The company claims that there is still no social media platform that provides a secure, enjoyable interface for social commerce – one that respects its users’ privacy, and discourages the buying and selling of social capital with fake profiles. Instead, why not focus on collaboration?
The founders of UrbanCloud believe they can make a difference by creating a social network designed specifically to meet the needs of social commerce applications such as promoting crowdfunding campaigns.
“We recognize the problems existing social networks face and we’re offering you the chance to fix them. We’re tired of seeing the same old user experience, the impact of fake profiles, annoying advertising and misleading, opaque privacy policies,” said Sharan Soni, UrbanCloud. “We have already signed several brands onto the platform who share our vision: Quintessentially Lifestyle & Creative, Aftershock London, Patrick Hellmann Collection, Citizen M, Royal Spades and Ava Mirabelle.”
Soni added, “We are crowdfunding this exceptionally well-designed and secure platform, dedicated to social commerce for individuals and businesses. With your collaboration and contribution(s) we will make this happen.”
The company is focused on developing five key areas of innovation:
- Innovative Design – Urban Cloud is the world’s first social media platform that seamlessly unites social networking and marketing.
- Native Advertising – Urban Cloud uses a proprietary algorithm called STAC (Space, Time, Active, Content) to blend advertising into a user’s social timeline.
- Validation – Urban Cloud is able to weed out unverified and fake/spam user accounts, allowing for an enhanced social media experience for advertisers and users.
- Positive Reinforcement – Urban Cloud features a unique reward system, through which a user can accumulate points for interacting with a business. These can be redeemed for rewards to build brand loyalty and recognise social influencers all at once.
- Retailing – Each and every user can play a role in effortless and seamless retailing of virtual goods and services using Urban Cloud.
Only half of what Urban Cloud will do has been released. The rest is being given over to the people; their voices will influence what features are implemented next and how the cloud develops.
Related crowdfunding news articles:
- Why crowdfunding journalism works
- Crowdfunding Press Center Releases the First Global 100 Crowdfunding Site Index
- Tech Insights: Tips on Maximising Social Media for your Business
- How has crowdfunding changed the venture capital landscape?
- Crowdfunding vs. seed funding: All money is not created equal
- Review of Two Crowdfunding Sites: Kickstarter and Indiegogo
- The Rise Of Social Commerce: How Tweets, Pins And Likes Can Turn Into Sales