Now kids have a crowdfunding site where friends and family can donate money to fund their future college education
The National Financial Educators Council has pre-launched the first crowdfunding platform designed for long-term financial security and personal finance education. SavingsFund.com was developed to give families a way to raise funds for their child’s future with the help of their family and friends. It also provides resources to deliver a real world financial education to the children.
According to econsultancy.com, at the end of 2012 there were expected to be more than 530 crowdfunding platforms. Of those, only SavingsFund is focused on helping families save money for their children while helping them acquire financial literacy skill sets.
Leveraging the latest technology and trends in the space, SavingsFund offers a unique approach to families seeking to save for their child’s future. With college costs expected to be over $200k for a state school and $400k for a private school in 2032, SavingsFund developers contend many families could not afford this unless they start saving early.
“The SavingsFund platform provides families timely financial education resources. As their savings account grows, so will their knowledge on how to manage their funds,” states Jayne Black, Mrs. Wisconsin International 2013 and SavingsFund National Spokesperson.
The National Financial Educators Council has been well-recognized for its leadership position in the financial education space. They develop cutting edge material that is used by youth and parents alike. Leveraging the support of celebrities, sports stars, and the entertainment industry helps raise interest and improve program effectiveness to reach this demographic. SavingsFund.com brings timely financial literacy training to families nationwide.
Related crowdfunding news articles:
- Top 100 Global Crowdfunding Websites Ranked by Website Traffic
- Weak Financial Literacy Scores Threaten a Global Education Movement
- SeedandSpark.com Strives to Reshape Film and Entertainment Business through Crowdfunding Campaigns
- The NFEC Welcomes Steve Repak, CFP to the Personal Finance Speakers Association as a Featured Speaker
- Should Schools Expand Financial Literacy Education?
- The Easiest Way to Teach Your Kids About Money This Summer
- Planning a School Fundraising Campaign? IncitED Crowdfunding Platform Offers Educators a More Effective Local Community Finance Tool
- As Seen on TV Launches White Label Crowdfunding Platform to Connect Inventors with Consumers