Piper, the Compact, All-in-One Home Awareness and Management Device Now Enables Live Interaction and Integrated Security Functionality for a Total Home View
Ottawa, Ontario – iControl Networks, a leader in connected home technology and innovation, announced the availability of two enhancements to the Piper all-in-one home awareness and management device: two-way audio and multi-Piper capability, which provides the ability to support more than one unit and create multiple security zones.
Piper, the compact, Wi-Fi-enabled, all-in-one home awareness and management device that launched general availability in North America in late January 2014 and was recently acquired by iControl Networks, enables users to seamlessly monitor what’s important in their life from their mobile device, all without service contracts or fees.
With multi-Piper capability, users will be able to create independent security zones using up to five Pipers within their homes. Each Piper operates as an independent sentinel and joins together to form an integrated security network. Seamless Z-Wave integration allows for complete home awareness and automation control. Shared environmental and motion sensor data, camera views and recorded videos provide the ability to track changes and movement through each zone.
Simple to use, two-way audio provides users with the ability to directly interact via Piper app’s camera view with occupants, elderly parents, children and even pets.
“The ability to simply and easily interact with and secure your entire home — not just one room — when you’re away has been a priority of ours since we first developed Piper,” said Russell Ure, creator of Piper and Executive Vice President and GM of iControl’s Canadian business unit. “We’re excited to offer an enhanced experience to our current and future customers.”
Piper has been recognized for its excellence in innovative design and engineering and originally debuted its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in August 2013, where it successfully tripled its funding efforts. Allowing users to easily monitor, secure and interact with their homes through Z-Wave home automation accessories, Piper continues to receive support and praise from homeowners, apartment renters, parents, pet owners and design enthusiasts alike.
Piper features include:
- Security – Customize three security modes (home, away and vacation), motion detector and piercing, 105-decibel siren.
- Automation – Integrate Z-Wave accessories into Piper’s security modes, control them remotely, on a schedule, or using environmental data.
- HD Panoramic camera – 180° fisheye lens, electronic pan, tilt, and zoom, 1080p camera sensor.
- Customized alerts – Phone call, text message, email and push notifications to alert users and their trusted circle when security rules are triggered.
- Environmental sensors – Monitor and control home temperature, humidity, ambient light and sound.
- Elegant design – Simple, intuitive app. Compact, two-toned form with brushed metal legs.
- Smart hardware – ARM processor, battery backup, internal memory for video storage, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Free cloud storage – Cloud infrastructure provides Piper a place to store event videos, send various types of notifications and perform additional login/connection negotiation.
- Android & iOS support – Available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- NEW Two-way audio – Talk directly to occupants through Piper and app on mobile device.
Two-way audio and multi-Piper capability will be available as a free firmware and software update. The Piper House Kit, which comes with three units in either black or white, can be purchased at http://store.getpiper.com for $649 USD. Piper can also be purchased by itself for $239 or bundled with Z-Wave home automation accessories such as smart switches and door/window sensors that allow consumers to control their homes remotely, ranging from $359 to $849 USD.
# # #